Blackwood Medical Group is an approved training practice for the training of General Practice Specialty Trainees (GP ST). The practice is looking forward to welcoming our first GP ST1 in August 2020, Dr Badinjeki. Dr Rizwan Hussain and Dr Harris will oversee her training within the practice. Being an approved training practice means that –
• Patients can directly contribute to the training of future GPs
• Patients who consult with the GP ST1 will have longer consultations
• It keeps all doctors and nurses keep in touch with new medical developments and skills
• It ensures that clinical standards and standards of medical record keeping are maintained
• It helps with recruitment of high quality doctors to the practice for job vacancies
GP ST1s are doctors in training who are qualified doctors and have already worked in hospitals as junior doctors for at least 3 years and have now decided that they would like to specialise in General Practice.
In order to qualify as a GP all doctors have to complete Postgraduate Specialist Training which includes at least 2 years training in General Practice.
The practice will be regularly assessed for its suitability for postgraduate training in general practice.
An essential component of training in all medical practice is the use of video and consultations with the both the GP ST and the Trainer present. We hope that all our patients will be willing to take part in these educational consultations to help us all in improving and maintaining our medical and consultation skills. All video recordings are strictly confidential and are used for teaching only. We will not video your consultation without your consent. Please inform Reception if you would prefer not to participate.